|Hometown||Santa Clarita, CA|
|Genres||Modern Rock, Contemporary/Soft Rock|
|Band Members||Jeff Stauning (Vocals / Acoustic Guitar); Jarod Woznik (Lead Guitar / Backup VOX); ; CONTACT:; (Management); firstname.lastname@example.org; ; (Band); email@example.com|
|# Years Experience Performing Live:||3|
|# Live Perfomances Past Six-months:||30|
|Market Draw:||Local Fans: 51-75|
|Venue History:||Earth Day Festival / Central Park (2009) - Santa Clarita, CA; The CA Music Festival (2009) - Ventura, CA; The OC Fair / International Pop Overthrow (2010) - Costa Mesa, CA; Avocado Festival (2010) - Carpinteria, CA; Westfield Valencia Town Center "Rockin Summer Nights" - Santa Clarita, CA; Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA|
|Opener Experience:||Timmy Curran; Goo Goo Dolls|
|Similar Artists:||Counting Crows; Goo Goo Dolls; Matchbox 20; Train; Lifehouse; The Script; Dashboard Confessional; Coldplay|
|Performing Rights Society:||ASCAP|
|Discography:||August Rising LP—2009|
As music becomes increasingly segmented due to higher demand for inventive design, true enjoyment can often play second fiddle to innovation. A sound or style that is familiar to the music world may be overlooked due to this very fact. As a result, uniqueness frequently takes precedent over wide appeal.
However, the 4-piece band known as August Rising™ are consistent with their refreshing hooks. Their music is honest and simple yet emotionally fed. Not to be misunderstood, it’s their way of creative expression that doesn’t have to rely on obscurities to become noticed. The band is well aware of their appeal and embraces it thoroughly, as opposed to fearing the almighty pigeonhole.
August Rising’s self-titled debut, produced with Michael Heart, encompasses the youthful energy of Lifehouse crashing into the airy structure of Goo Goo Dolls, topped off with a dash of funkdriven Maroon 5 guitar licks. Front-man Jeff Stauning croons about adoration and its many ups and downs. He communicates his straight-forward message with brawny force, providing an ideal contrast to the illuminating subject matter. Multi-Instrumentalist Jarod Woznik, a former student of Kenny Lee Lewis (Steve Miller Band), provides the driving melody of the band. Session/Touring Bassist + Drummer construct the band’s sturdy rhythm section.
Los Angeles radio powerhouse, *98.7 FM, formerly interviewed Jeff on-air after spinning “Lay Your Hands on Me” during the morning show with DJ Valentine. Valentine enthusiastically stated, “I’ve been in the music business now for 15 years, and I can tell you, this song is a hit”. Since this encounter, August Rising has been dedicated to exposing their enjoyable sound to a broader audience.
In response to the barriers that often separate the artist from the fan, “We like to remain very reachable and really try to create a great relationship with them...we also try to create a deeper meaning to keep people involved and interested beyond just a catchy chorus.” The humble, straightforward attitude of August Rising only adds to their musical charm: something to soon be embraced by the world.
- Hand picked out of 15,000+ of the highest quality independent bands and producers around the world. August Rising was chosen to perform at the first ever "Knott's Berry Jam". 2012
- Chosen as Finalist (out of 800+ contestants) to perform at The STAPLES Center with the Stanley Cup Winners, LA Kings. 2012.
- Music Placement with Fox / Fox Sports West (SUPERBOWL XLV).
- Endorsed by Cleartone Electric Guitar Strings.
- Endorsed by Clayton Custom Guitar Picks.
- Headlining act for Record Store Day’s (4th annual) event, 2011. Artists performing at various locations included: Foo Fighters, Deftones, My Chemical Romance, August Rising, Peter Buck of R.E.M., Duran Duran (Roger & John Taylor), Dio band members, and MORE!
- Clear Channel, one of the worlds largest media/entertainment companies picked up August Rising and is now spinning our single, “Lay Your Hands On Me”, on many of their 750+ radio stations globally!
- Reached (Nationally) 1st in Best of Rock chart 2011. 1st for 2 weeks, top 20 for 34 weeks, and top 100 for 83 weeks!! (OurStage).
- Won 1st place in a regional (California/West Coast) Ourstage / Subway-Fresh-Artist / Goo Goo Dolls Competition, 2010.
- élite Magazine interview/publication (Print & Internet) on August Rising. This is a paid subscription magazine that is distributed to over 80,000+ homes in the Santa Clarita Valley, CA.
- August Rising was nominated out of OVER 1 MILLION American Artists as the top 344 for the ‘Artists On The Verge’ project in 2011! (The New Music Seminar)
- August Rising was also spun and introduced on Fox Sports Radio (JT the Brick show ‘Music Monday’) a few days before Superbowl XLV!!!
- Released on Go DIY Records compilation CD (California’s TOP 20 bands) 2010.
- 2008 International Songwriting Competition "ISC" Semi-Finalist (London, England)
PRESS: (below are a few links)
- Knott's Berry Farm (First Annual Knott's Berry Jam) 2012.
- The STAPLES Center (LA Kings Contest Finalist) 2012.
- The American Cancer Society 'Relay For Life' Event. 2010 & 2011.
- Westfield Town Centers’ “Rockin Summer Nights”. 2010.
- Arts in the Park (Ventura Chamber of Commerce). 2010 & 2011.
- The OC Fair. 2010 & 2011.
- CA Avocado Festival. 2010.
- The CA Music Festival. 2009.
- Earth Day Festival at Central Park. 2009.
- Star *98.7 FM ROCKSTAR contestants in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Semi-Finalists all 3 years!!
WHERE YOU CAN FIND AUGUST RISING: www.augustrising.com
DIY, Self-Titled, Self-Released and Self-Published album available on most digital outlest such as: iTunes, Amazon, etc...Also available for your listening pleasure on many of Clear Channels 750+ terrestrial radio stations and major internet radio stations such as Ourstage & Pandora: http://www.pandora.com/music/artist/august+rising
Tags: JJ Woznik, J.J. Woznik, Jarod Woznik, JemTone, Jarod "JemTone" Woznik
AUGUST RISING tours with their own F.O.H. sound engineer. Promoter will provide an experienced system engineer to supervise the set-up + assist AUGUST RISING’s engineer in whatever way he may need during sound check and the performance.
Certain factors dictate the type of production required by AUGUST RISING to perform.
Audio/Lighting Requirements + More info is available in the rider.
CONTACT MANAGEMENT FOR TECHNICAL RIDER.
~ Jarod Woznik | August Rising